A slider pool is a unique type of pool that combines the features of a traditional swimming pool with a waterslide. The waterslide is typically built into the design of the pool, allowing swimmers to slide down a fun and exciting slide before plunging into the refreshing water below. Slider pools are becoming increasingly popular, especially in warmer climates where families and friends can enjoy a cool dip in the water while also having some fun on the slide. In this article, we will take a closer look at slider pools, their benefits, and what you need to know before investing in one for your backyard.
What is a Slider Pool?
A slider pool is a type of swimming pool that includes a waterslide built into its design. The slide is typically made of fiberglass or concrete, and it extends from a higher point on the pool’s edge to a lower point in the water. Some slider pools are designed with curves and twists, adding an extra element of excitement to the ride down the slide. Slider pools can come in various sizes, from smaller designs suitable for young children to larger designs for families and friends to enjoy together.
Benefits of a Slider Pool
There are several benefits to investing in a slider pool, including:
- Increased Fun and Entertainment – The waterslide is the main attraction of a slider pool, providing endless entertainment for family and friends. Both kids and adults can enjoy sliding down the slide and splashing into the pool below.
- Health Benefits – Swimming is an excellent form of exercise, providing a full-body workout that can help to improve cardiovascular health, strengthen muscles, and increase flexibility.
- Increased Home Value – A slider pool can significantly increase the value of your home, making it a worthwhile investment for those looking to sell their property in the future.
- Cost-Effective – Compared to other backyard additions, such as a deck or patio, a slider pool can be a cost-effective option. It provides a way to beat the heat and enjoy the outdoors without the expense of a full outdoor living space.
- Perfect for Warm Climates – Slider pools are especially popular in warm climates where the weather allows for swimming and outdoor activities for most of the year.
What to Consider Before Investing in a Slider Pool
Before investing in a slider pool, there are a few important factors to consider:
- Budget – Slider pools can range in price from a few thousand dollars to tens of thousands of dollars, depending on the size, materials, and design. It’s essential to establish a budget before investing in a slider pool and to factor in ongoing maintenance and repair costs.
- Space – Basically, this type of pool requires a significant amount of space, both for the pool and the slide. It’s essential to ensure that your backyard can accommodate the size and shape of the pool and slide before investing in one.
- Safety – While slider pools are fun and exciting, safety should always be a top priority. Ensure that the pool and slide are installed by a professional and that all safety measures, such as fencing, covers, and alarms, are in place to protect swimmers.
- Maintenance – Like all pools, it requires ongoing maintenance to keep them clean and in good working condition. This includes regular cleaning, chemical treatments, and filter maintenance. Consider the ongoing maintenance costs and time required before investing in a slider pool.
Slider Pool Maintenance
Maintaining a slider pool requires regular care and attention to keep it clean and in good working condition. The following are some important maintenance duties to remember:
- Cleaning – Regular cleaning is essential to keep the pool and slide free of dirt, debris, and bacteria. Use a pool skimmer and vacuum to remove leaves, bugs, and other debris from the pool, and brush the walls and floor to remove any algae buildup.
- Chemical Treatments – To preserve the water’s clarity and stop the spread of germs and algae, chemical treatments like chlorine and pH balancers are required. Regular testing of the water’s chemical levels is essential to ensure that the pool is safe for swimming.
- Filter Maintenance – The pool’s filter plays a crucial role in keeping the water clean and clear. Regular filter maintenance, including cleaning or replacement of the filter cartridges or sand, is necessary to ensure proper filtration and water circulation.
- Slide Maintenance – The slide should be regularly inspected for any cracks, chips, or other damage that could pose a safety risk. It’s essential to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for slide maintenance and repairs.
- Winterization – In colder climates, slider pools must be properly winterized to prevent damage from freezing temperatures. This includes draining the pool and slide, removing any water from the plumbing and equipment, and covering the pool to protect it from the elements.
Slider Pool Safety
Safety is a top priority for any pool, but it’s especially important for slider pools, where the added element of a waterslide can pose additional risks. Here are some essential safety measures to keep in mind:
- Fencing – A fence around the pool is an essential safety feature that can help to prevent accidents and keep unsupervised children and pets out of the pool area.
- Alarms – Pool alarms can be installed to alert you if someone enters the pool area or if the water’s surface is disturbed.
- Covers – A pool cover can be used to cover the pool when not in use, preventing accidental falls into the water.
- Supervision – Children should always be supervised when using the pool and slide. It’s essential to establish pool rules, such as no running on the pool deck or diving in shallow areas, and to enforce them.
- Safety Equipment – It’s essential to have safety equipment, such as life jackets and flotation devices, available for use in case of an emergency.
A slider pool is a fun and exciting addition to any backyard, providing entertainment for the whole family while also offering the health benefits of swimming. However, before investing, it’s essential to consider factors such as budget, space, and safety measures. Maintaining a slider pool requires regular care and attention, including cleaning, chemical treatments, and filter maintenance. With proper maintenance and safety measures in place, it can provide years of enjoyment for you and your family.